One of the first things that you typically setup and one of the most used features of your web hosting account is email.
You have many choices for setting up your email. In this guide, we will be covering some of your options, which include:
- Using Your Web Host's Email Functionaity
- Creating New Email Addresses and Forwarding them to an Existing Email Account.
- Using a "Cloud" Email Provider like Google Apps for Domains or Office 365.
- Routing Email to an Separate Email Server (in house or hosted).
For most people, the easiet way to setup email is to use your web host's email functionality and/or forward email to an existing account. Larger businesses sometimes pick a cloud email service or to use a dedicated mail server for their organization's email.
Configuring Your Email
There are three components of setting up email:
- Configuring DNS to route mail to your Email Provider
- Initial Setup & Configuration of Your Email Accounts
- Setup, Configuration and Use of Your Email Client
In some cases, these steps can all be done in the same control panel, while in other cases you may need to log into multiple control panels to complete the setup.
For most people, you will have two steps:
- Setup Your Email in Your Hosting Control Panel
- Use Webmail and/or Setup Your Email Client to Access Your Email Account
Setting Up Email in Your Hosting Control Panel
Using a Cloud Email Service Provider
- Google Apps for Domains
- Office 365
Configuring Email Clients
- Microsoft Outlook
- Mozilla Thunderbird
- Android Email
- iPhone Email