This allows you to setup filters and rules for individual email accounts.
Set Rules for an Email Account:
To set up a filter/rule, please follow these instructions:
- Log into cPanel.
- Scroll to the Email section.
- Some themes call it Mail instead.
- Select the Email Filters icon to create filters for specific email accounts.
- Some themes call it User Level Filtering instead.
- Click on Manage Filters next to email account you wish to configure.
Creating the Filter / Rule:
Once you have navigated to the Account or User Level Filters page, youc an create the actual filters and rules.
- Click on the Create New Filter button (or click Edit next to an existing one you want to change).
- Enter a Filter Name.
- Add one or more Rules.
- Example: If you want to filter emails with a certain subject, you would select “Subject” “contains” and then the text you are looking for in the subject field.
- Click the + button to add additional rules if you want the filter to work only if all of the criteria are met (e.g. If it is from firstname.lastname@example.org AND contains “[News]” in the subject of the email, then apply this filter.)
- Select an Action.
- You can set it to discard emails you do not want, with or without a failure message, or send emails you do want to a specific folder or another email account, among other things.
- Click on the Create button.
- You can create a new filter if you want, or return to the filters list by clicking on Go Back.