This allows you to setup filters and rules for all email addresses on the hosting account, which are known as global email filters or account level filters.
Global email filters are processed on all incoming email messages, before it gets to the recipient's mail client.
Set Rules for the Entire Hosting Account
To set up a filter/rule, please follow these instructions:
- Log into cPanel.
- Scroll to the Email section.
- Some themes call it Mail instead.
- Select the Global Email Filters icon to enter the page.
- Some themes call it Account Level Filtering instead.
Creating the Filter / Rule:
Once you have navigated to the Account Level Filters page, you can create the filters.
- Click on the Create New Filter button (or click Edit next to an existing one you want to change).
- Enter a Filter Name.
- Add one or more Rules.
- Example: If you want to filter emails with a certain subject, you would select “Subject” “contains” and then the text you are looking for in the subject field.
- Click the + button to add additional rules if you want the filter to work only if all of the criteria are met (e.g. If it is from firstname.lastname@example.org AND contains “[News]” in the subject of the email, then apply this filter.)
- Select an Action.
- You can set it to discard emails you do not want, with or without a failure message, or send emails you do want to a specific folder or another email account, among other things.
- Click on the Create button.
- You can create a new filter if you want, or return to the filters list.
- You can click on the Return to the Filter List link in the confirmation message, in some themes.
- Other thems will have a Go Back link instead.
How to setup Global Email Filters.
How to setup Account Level Filtering in under 2 minutes using the x3 theme.