If you want to execute a command or run a script at a set intervals (such as every hour, or every week) you can set up a cron job to schedule it. Cron jobs are often used by scripts and web application to automate or update parts of the website automatically. For example, your website might retrieve information or update statistics every 30 minutes.
Configuring a Cron Job
- Log into cPanel.
- Look for the Advanced section, and click on the Cron Jobs icon.
- If you wish an email every time the cron job runs, enter your email address and click update email. (optional)
- Select how often you want the command to run. Either select from the common settings, or specify your own settings.
- Enter the command you wish to execute in the Command field.
- Click on the Add New Cron Job button to save it.
You can edit or delete it at any time by clicking on the appropriate link in the list of current cron jobs.