What is an Auto-Responder?
An Auto Responder can be used to automatically respond to incoming emails with a message of your choice. Auto Responders are often used for:
- Letting people know you are out of the office or away from your email.
- Letting people know their support request has been received, and the expected response time.
- Responding to incoming email with a marketing message.
Setting Up Your Auto-Responder
To set up an Auto Responder, complete the following directions:
- Log into cPanel.
- Look for the Mail section, and click on the Auto Responders icon.
- Click on the Add Auto Responder button.
- Select a Character Set.
- Utf-8 would be appropriate for most uses.
- Set the Interval, which is how many hours it will wait before responding to the same email address another time.
- Define the Email address used for the Auto Responder.
- Define the From address that the recipient will see.
- Define the Subject of the email.
- Check the HTML box if the message contains HTML, otherwise leave unchecked.
- Enter the Body of the message.
- Select when the Auto Responder will Start and Stop.
- Click on the Create/Modify button.