You can modify the error pages your visitors see, such as the most common one, the 404 Not Found error, when a page cannot be found at the URL entered. Setting up customer error pages requires that you know at least a little HTML.
Here is how you can create customer error pages in your web control panel:
- Log into cPanel.
- Look for the Advanced section, and click on the Error Pages icon.
- Select the domain you wish to modify (if not already selected).
- Click on the error page you wish to edit (such as the 404 Not Found error).
- Type of paste your HTML into the text box. You can optionally include certain information like referring URL, server name and visitor’s browser.
- Click on the Save button.