If you have a freshly installed version of Plesk on your Windows dedicated server or VPS, you may find that not all of the desired components are pre-installed for you. For example, you may find MySQL pre-installed, but not Microsoft SQL (MSSQL).
Thank's to Odin's built-in install and update service within Plesk, you can add MS SQL easily, with the touch of a button.
Installing MS SQL in Plesk
- In the Plesk Server Administration interface, go to Tools & Settings.
- Click on Updates & Upgrades.
- This should open a new windows entitled Install and Update Odin Products.
- Click on Add/Remove Components.
- Select Install (the green check mark) for the version of MS SQL you want to use.
- Select Install for myLittleAdmin (if you want a web interface to MS SQL).
- Click on the Continue button.
- Wait until the Plesk Installer finishes installing MS SQL.
- It will say" All operations with products and components have been successfully completed." when completed.
- Click OK.
Microsoft SQL is now installed, and ready to use.
You can now add a database under Tools & Settings > Database Servers.