Whenever you embark upon writing an advertisement for any media, be it a newspaper, the yellow pages or even a flyer, you can stick to some basic strategies that will help you have a good impact upon those who read the advertisement.
Given below are certain points that will help you magnify the effectivity of your advertisements:
- The placement of your ads is very important. You need to have a good ad, but more importantly, you need to place your ad in such a medium that gives your ad the maximum exposure to the targeted audience or reader. If you can reach out to your prospective customers, you will be able to be successful.
- Many people make the mistake of putting in the name of their company as the header. This is known as tombstone advertising and is not very pleasing to the reader. Instead, if you want your prospective customers to be attracted to your business, make an attractive line the header. This line must tell the reader how he or she will benefit by using your products or services and this will help you draw customers.
Remember that most people are not interested in what your company’s name is initially. Thus, giving your name won’t help in the least when you want to advertise your products or services. A much better approach consists of trying to convince the customer that your services are indeed good and they will profit from doing business with you.
- Your advertisement must be specific and directed towards the definite people who require your services and can be prospective customers. Thus, making your advertisement to the point is very crucial to creating a successful advertisement. If you can attract the right kind of people who are likely to do business with you, you will emerge as the winner.
- Try to attract your customers by giving a limited period offer. This strategy will help you get the customers as the discount or offer that you give will make the prospective customers call at the earliest.
- Often, individuals do not wish to engage in business with new companies because they are afraid that they might be a loser in the deal. However, you can do your best to reduce the fear of your prospective customers by giving them an added incentive like a discount. You have to make your prospective customers realize that they will be the ones to benefit from the deal. Also, try to come up with a guarantee. A guarantee is a very effective tool and in most cases it helps your prospective customers overcome the fear and become your customers! Giving them this assurance will help your business boom.
To sum it all up:
- The headline is a crucial part of your advertisements and this is where you must grab the attention of the reader.
- Be very clear and give all the information of your products and services.
- Claim only the things that you are sure that you will be able to deliver. In fact, in order to increase the rust and reliability factors, you can display the views of existing customers.
- Give a great offer to entice your customers into calling you instantly.
- Give something like a guarantee and ensure that the customer feels secure while doing business with you.